Opinel’s folding knives have been favorites of outdoor adventurers for decades. Now the French company brings its outdoor know-how to a new folding knife designed for expeditions, bushwhacking, camping, and hunting. The No. 12 Explore includes a built-in fire starter and safety whistle, as well as a durable polyamide handle designed to withstand shock, extreme temperatures, and moisture. Rooted in traditional design, and updated for the rigors of modern expeditions. Opinel knives are designed to stand the test of time; some carry Opinel knives handed down from parents and grandparents. Follow a few simple instructions to ensure your knife lasts for years to come.
- Hand wash your knife
- Clean the blade thoroughly before folding and storing
- Use a whetstone or other fine-grain natural stone to sharpen your blade. Make sure the blade is dry and clean, and hold the sharpening stone at an approximately 20-degree angle from the blade while sharpening
You should NOT...
- Put your knife in the dishwasher
- Use bleach or chlorine to clean your knife
- Leave your knife in wet or damp conditions for extended periods of time
- Blade length: 10 cm/3.94 inches
- Materials: Stainless steel blade, fiberglass-reinforced polyamide handle
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device