A forager’s delight, the Opinel No. 8 Mushroom knife is designed to harvest whatever treasures you might find in the woods (or your garden). The curved stainless steel blade makes tidy work of plucking mushrooms. Use the boar bristle brush dust dirt and debris from your chanterelles and Hen of the Woods. Then fold your knife, tuck it back into your pocket, and continue on your way. Opinel knives are designed to stand the test of time; some carry Opinel knives handed down from parents and grandparents. Follow a few simple instructions to ensure your knife lasts for years to come.
- Hand-wash and dry
- While bubinga wood is naturally dense and water resistant, do not leave this knife submerged in water or damp conditions for extended periods of time
- The stainless steel blade and locking mechanism is resistant to corrosion and does not need special care
You should NOT...
- Put your knife in the dishwasher
- Use bleach or chlorine to clean your knife
- Leave your knife in wet or damp conditions for extended periods of time
- Blade length: 8.5 cm/3.35 inches
- Materials: Stainless steel blade, varnished beechwood handle